Pages

Bosbee Quilting

Bosbee Quilting
BosBee Quilting

Friday, November 12, 2021

Quilts past, present and future

 Today it will be about quilts from the past.  I have shown some of these many years ago but I like reviewing the past and remembering how I felt about the quilt at the time of finish.  So many times I would think I am not going to like this quilt at all.  Now what do I do?  Just not finish it and throw it in a corner?  But I put way to much time into it to do that.  I continue to look at it and slowly it grows on me and I begin to get inspiration for the quilting.  I always go into the free motion quilting with such enthusiasm and then THUNK!  I hit a brick wall!  I sit there staring at the needle, scared to start that first line of stitching.  Come on girl!  You can do it! Go! Go! Go!  Slowly, I gain the courage and here I go and then...the rhythm sets in and I lose track of time.  And that, my friends, is the pull of quilting.  And when it comes out from under the needle and I lay it on the bed to get an idea of what it will look like when I square it up and bind it...Well, now that warm cozy feeling comes over me and I think, well done.  Yep, I am a quilter!



Made for my granddaughter ten or so years ago.  I need to start dating these finishes.











This is a copy cat pattern from an old quilt top that my daughter-in-law was kind enough to let me finish for her.  She found three beautiful old pieced tops in her late grandmother's closet and didn't know what to do with them.  I offered and she allowed me to finish them for her.  I made this to mimic one of those tops.  Below are the finished tops from her grandmother.


Quilt #1 from DIL's grandmother

Quilt #2 from DIL's grandmother

Quilt #3
This is the original quilt from my DIL's grandmother and used for my copycat

It was fun doing a little stroll down Quilts Past.  Tomorrow, I will post Quilts Present.  I just hope I don't get a visit from the ghosts of Quilts Past, Present and Future.  Oh Bah Humbug!


And remember...

Keep on Quiltin'!

Norma


 




No comments:

Post a Comment