Pages

Bosbee Quilting

Bosbee Quilting
BosBee Quilting

Sunday, November 14, 2021

Quilts Future

Last night was the night I was visited by ghost of Quilts Future (dramatic music, deep voice in my head) and I was shown all the scary things I want to finish in the near future (now I hear laughing in my head)!  It is rather humorous for me to think that I will get all of the finishes done that I have patterns and fabric for. (ending a sentence with a preposition, oh great, now I have ghosts and grammar police after me!)  I mentioned my mother's hand pieced quilts.  I don't have pictures yet, but my goal is to start one of them this winter.  Now I have mixed feelings about machine quilting them because I have a family member who once told me that a quilt isn't a quilt if is isn't hand quilted.  Number one, I can no longer hand quilt.  I am 70 and my fingers hurt from arthritis.  And number 2, truthfully I can only sit at the sewing machine so long or my back really tells me about it.  I know that I will do what I decide to do without listening to anyone about how I go about quilting them, but I still have reservations about starting.  They were my mom's.(Mom's voice saying "why are you doing it that way, I do it like this").  But I still miss her dearly.  Anyway, I will have other projects under my needle before I need to think about that.

My Sunshine quilt top
Three of my many panels


Tip of the iceberg

The tip of the iceberg picture above are blocks and pieced items that I have purchased at auctions.  I love to make pillows, hot pads and stuffed animals out of these.

From quilt blocks purchased at an auction
Made from a block that my great grandmother made


So as you can see, I do more than just bed quilts.  And that is OK.  It makes me a well rounded quilter.  Isn't that what they told us in college when they made us take courses not even remotely related to our major?  To become a well rounded adult.  I don't think it worked on me.  Anyway, the ghost of Quilts Future said I can take my time but to remember that someone somewhere over the rainbow (here I go again!) will really appreciate my kindness and quilted gifts someday.  I am a legend in my own time.  Or maybe not.







And remember...

Keep on Quiltin'!

Norma

No comments:

Post a Comment