Pages

Bosbee Quilting

Bosbee Quilting
BosBee Quilting

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Summers end already!

It is so hard to believe that the summer season is nearing its end. The spring and summer started out really scary for the the farmers in our area and many other states as well.  We had an over abundance of rain with flooding and the non-ability to get into the fields.  Many farmers we know could not get their crops planted and the hay baled.  And now we have the trade tariffs and crop prices are plummeting. Please think about the farmers and if you are of a mind to do so, say a little prayer for them.  These are hard times for some really wonderful people.

That having been said, I have to say we had a wonderful summer full of lots and lots of events.  We started the spring with a trip to Chattanooga Tn for our 30th wedding anniversary.  We had visited the area on our honeymoon 30 years ago and it was as beautiful as ever!




In May we attended the graduation of our beautiful granddaughter from nursing school.  She got a job immediately and is off to a wonderful future.


Then in June, we hosted our grandson's high school graduation party.  It was so much fun!  We had over 110 people here and my talented daughter-in-law organized and decorated and made it the best time ever for family and friends. 

As the summer continued, my hubby and I were able to do a lot of local one tank trips.  We have made it our mission to visit as many county fairs in our state as we possibly can.  This will take a few years but we are off to a good start and we have many more to visit throughout September and October.
 


In July we went up to Lake Erie and took the Goodtimes III out on the lake.  It was a hot day but the breeze was blowing and the lake was beautiful that day.  It was one of the most relaxing days we have had in a long time.

 

I also opened my barn store on Fridays and Saturdays all summer.  This is a hobby but I am having so much fun with it.  I have met so many nice people and it is amazing what kinds of things they collect or just want for home decor.
 



AND...on top of all of our travels I was able to finish a quilt that I just love.  This quilt was a clone of a quilt that I finished for my daughter-in-law.  She had found some unfinished quilt tops that had belonged to her grandmother.  I finished all three but I really liked this particular one.  So I made a replica quilt for myself (until someone in the family wants it!) The last two pictures are the original (my DIL's grandmothers) quilt.




 Well I have bent your ear long enough. I will try to get back to you sooner than six months.  And remember....
Keep on Quiltin'!

Norma


No comments:

Post a Comment