Pages

Bosbee Quilting

Bosbee Quilting
BosBee Quilting

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Good Bye January!

For some reason, I have always felt January to be one of the longest months of the year.  It is 31 days of unpredictable weather, often gloomy here, and pretty much always cold. ☃❄  But anyway, here is what I have been working on for the month of January.



This block is called Easy Do and is from a book I purchased in the 70's called "1001 Patchwork Designs" by Maggie Malone.  This book has been a wealth of knowledge for me when it comes to the names of some of the blocks I have seen through the years.  The down side of this book was that it showed the blocks and how to make templates but that is not how I piece quilts today.  I did at one time cut out templates and then cut each piece of the fabric for the block separately, just like my Grandma.  But today, the way to go is strip piecing and it is so much faster and efficient. My goal is to make some of these blocks using today's methods and document the yardage needed, the strips needed, etc.  This is block number one on my journey and please keep checking back to see my progress.  This will keep me on my toes as well.

Hope your January was fun, not too cold, and productive. And remember...

Keep on Quiltin'!

Norma

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your future posts on this topic. I have another of Maggie Malone's books but have never used it for just that reason. And, as my aging brain will attest, the quilting math just keeps getting harder!

    ReplyDelete