Pages

Bosbee Quilting

Bosbee Quilting
BosBee Quilting

Friday, March 30, 2012


Well, it has been a while since I have posted. I have been busy, busy quilting. Imagine that! I made a prototype quilt using flannel back satin and it was, to say the least, a real challenge. Satin is not easy to work with, no matter what you are making but trying to stabilize it to a quilt back was almost impossible. So I came up with a solution. I quilted the satin to a wool batting (using no backing) and then "tied" the quilted top to a flannel backing. Instead of using yarn to tie the quilt, I used a tacking stitch on my embroidery machine. This  looked like a part of the design on the front and just like any other tied quilt on the back. I hope you like the effect. The pictures cannot capture the quilt to its best, it is so shiny and cuddly and soft.









"Bear Hug" Crib Quilt

Closeup

Center Section Closeup

Border Closeup

Flannel Backing

No comments:

Post a Comment