Pages

Bosbee Quilting

Bosbee Quilting
BosBee Quilting

Friday, February 24, 2012

Today, I am going to do one of my least favorite things.  I need to add sleeves to the backs of three of my quilts so if I decide to enter them into a quilt show, they will be ready to hang.  Now I use a 8 1/2" piece of material and fold it in half, right sides together.  I sew the seam and turn it right side out.  That is the easy part.  Now I have to hand stitch the sleeve in place.  I have made wall hangings and have made many sleeves for them, but this it the first that I will be making a sleeve for a full size quilt.  By the end of the day, I will be letting you know how well all of this went. Stay tuned.

 WooHoo!!  I was able to do two sleeves for hanging.  Two down, and two more to go.  I wasn't going to do the wall hanging but I decided I would do that one first.  I moved on to the sleeve for the Purple Pineapple.  It went much easier than I had anticipated.  I had my usual interruptions by the puppy Anna but all in all, not a bad day of accomplishments.
Pioneer Log Cabin Wall Hanging

"The Purple Pineapple"



1 comment: